OK, OK back to those job opportunities. Unemployment continues to rise and has now passed 10% (unless you count seasonal adjustments and exclude discouraged workers). In a previous entry I included a chart showing that EEOC claims are up across the board. This is likely due, in part, to the rough economic times.
But wait... do you think maybe all of those new EEOC claims are creating opportunities? Absolutely! And where else can you find these jobs, but at the EEOC itself! The EEOC is looking for:
- Investigators who perform work involving the handling of inquiries and complaints of employment discrimination under the federal statutes enforced by the EEOC.
- General Attorney, Trial Attorney, Administrative Judge and Law Clerk positions handling civil rights cases and appeals.
- Mediators who process charges through the Alternative Dispute Resolution process to settlement.
- Administrative and Clerical support positions handling incoming phone calls, correspondence and document management.
- Senior Executive Service (SES) positions including most managerial, supervisory, and policy positions classified above General Schedule (GS) grade 15 or equivalent positions.
- In addition, EEOC hires Information Technology Specialists, Program Analysts, Management Analysts and more...
Find out more information at EEOC Career Opportunities. They are hiring NOW (yes, they emphasize in all-caps, right NOW), and unlike Taxgirl, they are hiring interns!